Hatha Yoga Inverclyde.
The word Yoga means union. Harmony of body, mind and spirit. Yoga and healing share the same goal. We heal when we integrate all the aspects of our being.
Weekly Hatha Yoga Classes:
At the moment, I offer weekly yoga classes on Zoom. In addition I am starting a new in person class from September 1st 2021.
Every month at Full Moon, I offer Yoga Nidra in both of the yoga classes. Yoga Nidra is deep relaxation with visualisation. It creates optimum conditions for healing. This harmony of being, next to love, is the greatest healing power in the universe!
Online 12 – 1:15pm
Kilmacolm Community Centre 10:30 – 11:45
(see map below)
Benefits of Hatha Yoga
- Helps maintain full movement of joints
- Removes blockages in energy pathways, especially toxic deposits
- Encourages awareness of body and mind
- Creates a healthy environment for spiritual growth
- We start by deciding to meditate
- We withdraw our attention from the external world
- We concentrate our mind – one centre – unifying our mind
- Our mind compares ideas, groups them into patterns
- We contemplate pattern silently – stilling every mental process
- Wholeness occurs in our mind and soul, transmutes into peace
Simple breathing Exercises:
- Increase energy flow and improve energy level
- Enhance all body functions e.g. circulation, digestion, elimination
- Calm the nervous system, release tension and restore balance
- Encourage respiration through efficient use of the muscles
- Help us deal with emotions when life is challenging
- Dissolves muscular, emotional and mental tension
- Improves sleep patterns
- Calms nervous system and lowers blood pressure/heart rate
- Activates parasympathetic system, slows and regulates breath
- Alleviates anxiety and stress that depress the immune system
- Encourages our inner healing forces, enhancing the immune system